Tips to Create a Facebook Ads Landing Page in WordPress
March 31. 2022
If you’re running a successful website, you probably already know how a well-designed landing page can help you go a long way. It can help you grow your email list, engage your visitors and convert them into customers and thus improving your sales and boosting your revenue. So in this article, we are going to help you easily create a Facebook ads landing page in WordPress. Or you can simply reach out to your friendly WP Full Care team and they’ll be more than happy to help you every step of the way.
Why should you create a Facebook ads landing page in WordPress?
A landing page, otherwise known as a squeeze page, is a unique page that allows you to promote your products or services. Creating an engaging landing page means you can turn plenty of your site visitors into subscribers and customers easily.
However, keep in mind that a landing page is not the same as a homepage. The home page tells your visitors about your business and your website and leaves it to them to decide where to go from there. On the other side, a landing page has a goal to get your visitors to take some sort of action. For instance, buy your product, subscribe to your newsletter, leave a positive review, create an account on your website, and similar.
Benefits of creating a great landing page in WordPress
Landing pages can help your WordPress website in many ways:
- A landing page will allow you to remove unnecessary distractions and focus your visitors’ attention on taking action.
- When you’re creating a landing page, you’re allowed to use graphics, videos, customer testimonials, and anything else that might grab people’s attention. You can even turn your blog post into a landing page if you believe that it will help you convert visitors into customers.
- Landing pages are a useful tool for lead generation.
- You can also use landing pages to boost your website’s SEO and help it rank higher in the search engine results. By adding keyword-rich content to your landing page, you’ll achieve just that.
On top of everything we’ve listed, landing pages have plenty more to offer to your website. This has been recognized by over 68% of B2B businesses who use landing pages to increase conversion on their websites.
The simplest way to create a Facebook ads landing page in WordPress
One of the best ways to attract more visitors and boost conversion on your website is to create a Facebook ads landing page in WordPress. A Facebook ads landing page is the web page that users arrive at after clicking on your advertisement. It’s where they can take the action you’ve optimized for, such as downloading a resource, registering for an event, viewing (and ideally purchasing) a product or service, learning more about your company or offering, and similar. Further in this article, we’ll explain how to create such a page in WordPress but first, we’ll familiarize you with specific rules Facebook ads has regarding landing pages.
Facebook ads landing page rules
Here are some basic Facebook landing page policies you should adhere to. Keep in mind that these are just the main ones while you can find other landing page policies on their official website.
- Your landing page must correspond to the ad. This is not only a best practice for performance, but it is also a strict requirement. You can’t pull a bait and switch; your landing page must make the same offer as your ad or it will be rejected or shut down.
- It’s important your landing page is in line with Facebook’s advertising guidelines (rules linked above). Make sure to take note of any restrictions in your industry.
- Your landing page must be fully functional. If it isn’t loading correctly or it has any kind of technical issues, there is a high chance Facebook will shut down your ad.
- The landing page you create cannot automatically download anything or redirect users to another site.
How to create a Facebook ads landing page in WordPress?
The simplest way to create a Facebook ads landing page in WordPress is to use the SeedProd plugin. The biggest benefit of SeedProd is that it allows you to create any type of landing page without having to have any coding or design skills.
Once you install and activate SeedProd, scroll down until you see the “Create Your First Page” button which you should click on to get started. You’ll be led to SeedProd’s landing page dashboard. There, you’ll be able to see different landing page modes for different types of pages.
To start designing your first landing page, simply click on the button labeled “+Add New Landing Page” and choose a template. The next step is naming your landing page. When it comes to the page URL, it will be filled in automatically. You can change it if you wish but whatever you decide, make sure to make a note of it as you’ll need it later.
Click on the “Save and Start Editing the Page” button and you’ll be taken to a very straightforward and simple to use drag and drop page builder. On the left side, you’ll see different blocks that will let you add content to your landing page.
In order to create an effective landing page, it’s crucial to customize it and make it match your Facebook ad. Everything from fonts to color schemes should be the same. Otherwise, Facebook might shut down your ad.
Link your Facebook ad to your landing page
Once you publish your landing page, it’s time to link it to your Facebook ad. Go to your Facebook ad editing page or if you want to create a new one, simply go to “Ad Center” and click on the “Create Ad” button.
Next, you’ll notice a “Goal” section at the top of your ad. If it doesn’t say “Get more website visitors”, click on the “Change” button and select this from the list. Don’t forget to click on “Save” once you’re done.
Scroll down and look for the Website URL field. There, you should enter your landing page’s URL (the one you made note of earlier). Once you’re happy with how your ad looks, click on the “Promote now” button at the bottom of the page. And voila, your Facebook ad is live and connected to your landing page.
That’s it – it’s really as simple as that! After you create a Facebook ads landing page in WordPress, a good idea is to track its performance on your website. If you’re not sure how to do this, check out our guide for conversion tracking. Or simply choose your WordPress maintenance subscription plan and let experienced professionals take care of it.