The most popular domain providers that offer the best hosting for your WordPress website
September 24. 2019
If using a WordPress website is your choice, chances are that you will find yourself looking for the best hosting for your WordPress website. This is one of the essential, if not the most important call you will have to make if your final goal is to create a successful WordPress website. Do you know what is it that makes web hosting so important? It’s simply because the choice of your domain provider can determine both the health and the performance of your site. The vital functions of your website, including its SEO, security, speed and storage space, all depend to a great extent on the type of WordPress hosting you plan to choose. That’s because web hosting determines the health, but also the performance of your blog.
We’ll try to give you a hand and simplify this decision-making process by giving you a brief guide of the most popular domain providers. Hopefully, getting familiar with them will enable you to choose hosting for your WordPress website more easily.
Choosing the domain provider – where to begin
Making a web hosting decision is something like choosing the home for your website. It is the place where the content and files of your website will be stored on the Internet. So naturally, you want it to be safe and resilient. What are the important aspects of a certain domain provider you should pay attention to when choosing the best hosting for your WordPress website?
- Being user-friendly: There are WordPress experts out there, but if you are not one of them, you might need a domain provider that has an easy-to-use interface. Also, if you are a complete beginner in the WordPress game, you’ll be happy to know that some of the best hosting providers ca easily be used by newbies.
- Speed: When making the decision of which domain provider to choose, speed should be one of the most important features to take into account. And it should come as no surprise – everyone enjoys a fast website! Speed is important for your SEO, as well as the user experience. This means that it should, by all means, be considered when choosing the best hosting for your site.
- Scalability: Once your website starts growing (and hopefully it will happen in the near future), it will require extra storage space. This means that you’ll need a domain provider that offers scalability.
- Uptime: Your hosting service is supposed to provide maximum availability. Even a single second of downtime could easily result in losses for your business.
- Support: Be sure to consider support when choosing your domain provider.
The best hosting for your WordPress website – what are your options?
Bluehost WordPress Hosting
Bluehost has been one of the most popular hosting services among many WordPress users. There are rather simple explanations for this. Bluehost has reasonable introductory prices for the users of Word Press, it is quite user-friendly, and perhaps most importantly – there are no performance issues. Bluehost may, in fact, have the perfect cost: value ratio. With an uptime of 99.98% with only 11 outages in less than an hour and 375 ms of average speed for the last 12 months, Bluehost is definitely one of the domain providers that offer the best hosting for your WordPress website. It is one of the hosting services recommended by WordPress.org for a reason!
HostGator Managed WordPress
With over 10 million hosted domains, HostGator is one of the most well-known providers out there. It also provides WordPress hosting and is perhaps an ideal choice for high traffic sites that require faster loading time. Host Gator will make your website perform faster, particularly for WordPress on mobile devices. HostGator’s average 12-month load time is 425 ms. Uptime is 99.99%. Its offer also includes free site migrations, which can be a great feature for your WordPress website.
Another popular hosting service that comes recommended by WordPress.org is SiteGround. SiteGround has been constantly growing ever since 2004. It now has a vast network all around the world of more than 800,000 domain names. Although the servers are worldwide, the larger chunk of their staff is in Bulgaria. A distinct feature of Site Ground is that with it you are also able to change data center locations. SiteGround also offers free WordPress website transfers. When talking about uptime, SiteGround’s average is 99.99% (31 outages), with a load time of 671 ms. It may not be as fast as Bluehost or HostGator, but in Europe regions, it might be faster.
The managed plans of A2 WordPress hosting are much better than its shared plans. You’ll be able to get storage, all-around support, and unmetered bandwidth. However, you are probably aware of the fact that features such as these are somewhat of a commonplace. One of A2’s major flaws is the lack of automated updates. You do have an option of money-back if you decide to go with this domain provider.
DreamHost is another pick from our list of providers of best hosting for your WordPress website that comes officially recommended by WordPress. ever since its beginnings in 1997, it has grown into a leading provider of hosting services, powering over 1.5 million sites. DreamHost is user-friendly and its dashboard is perfect for beginners. You’d get a free domain and SSL certificate – also, WordPress is pre-installed (there’s no need to do it manually). And of course, you’d get the support you need available at any moment.