How Much Does a Custom WordPress Theme Cost
September 16. 2022
Nowadays, competition is rapidly growing in many industries and it’s forcing businesses to look for ways to stand out from competitors. One of those ways is creating a unique WordPress website with a custom theme adjusted to their specific brand. However, when it comes to building a WordPress website, business owners typically want to know every last detail of the price tag. So it’s no wonder that one of the most common questions we at WP Full Care get is how much a custom WordPress theme cost.
If you’ve been searching the web for this information, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll go over some of the key elements that affect the price of a custom WordPress theme. In addition, we will stress the significance of developing a unique WordPress theme for your website and business.
What is a custom WordPress theme and how much does it cost?
WordPress themes that are designed specifically for a client’s website go through the entire design and development process alongside it. The product was made to conform to the specific style preferences of companies and institutions. So if you’re looking for a WordPress theme for your business that’s tailored to your exact specifications, go no further than a custom-made theme. While it’s true that the WordPress Theme Directory features thousands of options, both free and paid, a unique custom WordPress theme can give your site the edge it needs to attract customers.
The best part is that the design of a custom WordPress theme can be altered in any way you see fit. On the other hand, pre-built themes come with limitations which can be discouraging to site owners. You can use a WordPress theme customizer to customize some options, however, it doesn’t come close to having a custom theme.
That’s why developing a custom WordPress theme that’s unique to your business is the best way to go. Remember, it’s not uncommon for visitors to bounce from a website if the design doesn’t grab their attention. Therefore, make sure to hire a WordPress website designer with extensive experience who will know how to create a theme that will satisfy the needs of your target audience.
By now, you should have a solid understanding of what a custom WordPress theme is. Before we get into the specifics of how much it costs to make a WordPress theme, let’s find out what are the main factors that affect the overall cost.
What affects the cost of a custom WordPress theme?
The price of creating a custom WordPress theme for your website depends on a variety of factors, just like the price of creating a website in general. Therefore, to find out the exact price, it’s best to get in touch with several web design agencies and check. In this post, you should gain a better understanding of the various aspects that go into estimating how much it will cost to create a custom WordPress theme.
Factors that influence the price of a custom WordPress theme
Here are some of the variables that affect how much it will cost to create a WordPress theme for your website:
- The first step in determining how much it will cost to have a custom WordPress theme made is settling on a designer to work with. Freelancers and established WordPress web design agencies are the two primary solutions available to businesses today. You should always keep in mind that developing a theme may not be a one-time event. You sometimes may want to revamp your website.
- Your WordPress developer’s skill and experience are two of the many elements that will determine the quality of your custom theme. On the other hand, they’ll play a crucial role in determining the final cost of your custom theme, too. The reason for this is simple – the cost will rise in proportion to the level of expertise of the WordPress developers you employ.
- Expect the price of your custom WordPress theme to go up in tandem with your wish to increase its features and functionality. The more functionality your website has, the more money and effort you will need to invest in developing a unique theme for it.
- The time and money needed to develop a WordPress theme can go up if you decide to add additional features throughout the development process. Therefore, make sure you know the costs associated with making changes to your site before final construction begins.
- You can never be sure what will happen to your website in the next second. There will inevitably be instances when your site is down or has faults, and these will have a direct impact on your business. If you want a bug-free website, it’s best to invest in round-the-clock maintenance tailored specifically to your WordPress website.
How much does it cost to create a custom WordPress theme?
It’s tough to give an accurate figure because the expense of developing a unique WordPress theme varies greatly from one set of needs to another. But if you look around online for ballpark figures, you’ll see that developing a unique design for your WordPress site might cost anywhere from $5,000 to $50,000 or even more.
WordPress makes website creation simple, and you can often keep your initial investment under $5000. However, there are many moving parts in the process of designing a unique theme for a company, beginning with learning as much as possible about the company and ending with a thorough comprehension of the target market.
Depending on the size of your business, here’s how much you can expect to pay:
- If you’re running a small or medium-sized organization, you might pay anywhere between $4000–8000 on a bespoke WordPress theme. It can be more depending on what features you’re looking to get.
- In case you’re in charge of a mid-sized company with a healthy profit margin, you’ll need a more sophisticated website. In this case, the cost might range between $7000 to $12,000. Once again, the features and functionalities will play a significant part in determining the ultimate price.
- Lastly, the cost of a custom WordPress theme for a large corporation can easily exceed $300,000 in some cases.
The bottom line
We hope this article gave you a better understanding and insights into expenses related to creating a custom WordPress theme. However, the exact cost of a custom WordPress theme depends on various factors. That’s why it’s important to do your research first and focus on finding designers that will fulfill your demands while staying within your budget. Once your theme is live, don’t forget to reach out to WordPress experts who will make sure your website is always running as smoothly as possible.