Choosing the Best Web Host for WordPress
August 8. 2022
Web hosting is often overlooked, but it is an essential part of any successful website. When you’re choosing the best WordPress web host for your needs, you can improve your SEO and boost your sales. WordPress hosting comes in a variety of flavors, including free, shared, virtual private server (VPS), dedicated, and managed. Having so many options available can make it that much more difficult to make the right choice. But don’t worry, you have experts from WP Full Care to help you! We’ll walk you through the process of selecting a WordPress hosting plan that’s right for you.
Guide to choosing the best web host for your WordPress website
When it comes to WordPress web hosting, there are plenty of options available out there so it can be quite difficult to recognize the good ones from the bad ones. Therefore, to select the best possible web hosting option for your WordPress website, you first need to understand what web hosting is and why is it important.
What is WordPress web hosting?
Hosting your website on a server connected to the internet is referred to as web hosting. To put it in simpler terms, you might think of WordPress hosting as a residence where you can store the files, graphics, and content of your website.
On the other hand, WordPress hosting is web hosting that is created specifically for use with WordPress websites. Therefore, it has been carefully tuned to assist in enhancing the loading speed of your website. Additionally, it usually comes with extra tools and capabilities that make maintaining your WordPress site much simpler.
Why do you need a web host for your WordPress website?
If you wish to create a website using WordPress.org, then you will, without a doubt, require the use of a hosting site. On the other hand, if you plan on using WordPress.com, you won’t need to sign up for a hosting service in order to have a free website and domain name.
So are you still wondering if managed WordPress website hosting is worth it? Well, if you want to have control over your website while also monetizing it, then the answer is definitely yes, you do need a hosting site. You can add WordPress plugins to your website to extend its functionality and modify it to the extent that you desire with the help of WordPress.org. On the other hand, wordPress.com isn’t the best solution for most users.
Criteria for choosing the best web host for WordPress
When selecting a web hosting service for your website, it’s in your best interest to give careful consideration to the following four criteria:
- Speed — The loading speed of the hosting server should be less than 300 milliseconds
- Uptime – If you want a reliable web hosting service you need to ensure its uptime is at least 99%.
- Customer Service – You need reliable and quick support or assistance with any questions you might have regarding WordPress.
- Your Requirements – The hosting provider you choose should be compatible with the size and nature of your company.
What type of WordPress web hosting do you need?
In order to find the right one among many cheap and user-friendly web hosts, you need to determine which one best meets your requirements. The following are the top five choices for web hosting:
- Shared WordPress hosting is the most common method of entry-level WordPress hosting. It offers to host using a big shared server. The option is ideal if you are running a blog or small business.
- Managed WordPress hosting is ideal for well-established websites or bloggers who aren’t particularly tech-savvy. It’s basically premium web hosting tailored particularly to WordPress, with all the bells and whistles you could want to keep you completely stress-free.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) Hosting for WordPress allows for the use of a shared server while still providing the level of privacy and control that comes with using a managed hosting platform. It’s a great solution if you’re running a medium-sized business. It’s also great if you have a blog with a lot of visitors.
- WordPress dedicated server hosting means that you would lease a physical server from the service provider. This way, you’ll have full control over it. This is the best option for websites or blogs with exceptionally high traffic.
- Free WordPress hosting is also available. However, most of these services come with some form of catch. For example, asking you to display their or their partners’ advertisements on your website. We strongly advise staying away from free WordPress hosting.
One of the best web hosts to choose from is definitely Bluehost. In fact, they are even officially recommended by the ‘WordPress’ platform as a hosting service. It offers most types of WordPress web hosting so you’ll definitely find something that fits your needs.
Final thoughts on choosing the best web host for WordPress
We hope our article made choosing the best web host for your WordPress website much simpler and easier. If you are just starting your website, we strongly suggest that you begin with shared WordPress hosting or managed WordPress hosting rather than going straight to a dedicated server. Also, when looking for a WordPress hosting provider, keep in mind that a good company places a high priority on website loading speed. This allows you to provide a better experience for your users, achieve a higher ranking in search engines, and increase the number of people who fill out your forms. But no matter which provider you choose, always remember that it’s essential to have an offsite backup system in place, That way, in case anything happens to your website, you’ll still have all your data secure and ready to be published again whenever you need it.